What is TREx?
TREx (stands for the Tropical Research Experience) comprises an intensive 14-day course and that broadly revolve around the biodiversity, ecology, and conservation of tropical rainforests and aquatic ecosystems.
Participants will undertake a range of activities including lectures, workshops, as well as designing and conducting independent research projects to gain understanding in the ecology of rainforest ecosystems and current environmental issues , while learning techniques that are commonly practised in rainforest field studies. This is following the successful running of the TREx Pilot Programme in January 2020.
TREx will take place on 9 – 22 June 2021.
Participation fee: BND 920.00 only.
- All activities at Universiti Brunei Darussalam, including Kuala Belalong Field Studies Centre (KBFSC)
- Transportation for all field trips
- Meals, transportation and accommodation at KBFSC for 5 days and 4 nights
- Programme materials (inclusive of reading references)
- TREx merchandise
- Certificate of Participation
Who can apply?
- Have at least a Bachelor degree in any field.
- Currently based in Brunei Darussalam.
- A keen interest but do not necessarily have experience in tropical biology and field research.
- English speaking proficiency required.
- Must be medically and physically fit.
- Applicants are accepted on a first come, first serve basis. Applicants are encouraged to apply early.
- Also open to professionals in Government and private sectors of various backgrounds. Details available below.